Monday, July 29, 2019


Out of the Mouths of Babes: Nataly’s Story

Nataly is a mother of two.  A few years ago, although she was a member of a church, she felt there was something missing in her life.  Seeking something, but not knowing what that was, she joined a Bible study group for women, and heard the story of David.  Like David, Nataly felt the Lord had very definite plans for her life and for her children.

“I was a Sunday Christian,” Nataly said.  “I left my old church because I didn’t feel I was growing spiritually, and I began actively seeking God and His plan for my life.”

Nataly and her family visited several churches and by strange coincidence, as she thought, her children were invited to attend the Lighthouse Christian Ministries Kidz Dayz summer day camp at Bayshore Friends Church in Bacliff.  When September rolled around and the young family still had not found a church home, her daughter asked, “Hey Mom, do you want to go to my church?”

A bit shocked and confused by the remark, Nataly told her daughter she didn’t know she had a church.  She asked, “is this the same church where you went to summer camp?”  Fast forward four years and Nataly has found a church home for her family and God’s plan she was seeking.

“I prayed for a church where I could grow spiritually and also where my kids and I could become involved in church activities,” she said.  “A big part of my decision to join Bayshore Friends was because the people made us feel so welcome and loved.”

This summer marks the third year she and her children have been involved at the Kidz Dayz summer camp.  Nataly has become quite active in the church, acting as a translator for Spanish speaking members of the congregation, cooking meals for the Loaves and Fishes ministry, and working with the youth groups.

“Jesus said, ‘Leave the children alone, and don't try to keep them from coming to me, because the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.’" – Matthew 19:14


No comments:

Post a Comment